This course is the invaluable practical companion to the PMI PMBOK. Based on more than a quarter century of experience managing projects from $250K to $55M, the course cuts through the complexity to provide a deeply practical description of how to use the proven Project Management Institute (PMI) processes to manage your projects of any size, from any domain. At the end of the course, you will also receive a special certificate that bestows on you the credential of Practical Project Manager, and the right to append PPM after your name!
The course is end-to-end, comprehensive, and divided into more than 200 easy to digest videos of just a few minutes long. First an overview is provided of all the key PM concepts. Then the critically important role of the Project Manager and the essentials of team management are described. The PM processes are then mapped across the project time-line, and the specific actions you need to take at each step are explained in an easy to follow thread. The use of software tools to support the PM process is described. At the end of the course, you will not only understand project management, you will be able to *implement* it.
You will also receive:
- Microsoft Office templates for all the key PM documents, from stakeholder register to final report.
- A complete set of example professional documentation for the Magical Devices Version 3 project, including a Project Charter, Project Management Plan, Gantt Schedule, Risk Register, and much more, that you can reuse for your own projects.
- The document “Project Planning With MS Office” that explains how to use Microsoft Office tools to prepare the work breakdown structure, precedence diagram, schedule, and budget for your project.
More than 30K students have taken the course from around the world, making it the leading *applied* PM course online. If you need to manage a project right now, are pursuing a PMI certification, or just wish to get a solid grounding in the PM best practices to enhance your career, this course will really help. You will also earn 16 Professional Development Units (PDU’s).
Who this course is for:
- Those that need to manage projects, and want a deeply practical description of how to use the project management best practices across the life-cycle.
- Anyone involved in projects that wants to understand the practical essentials of the project management process.
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 9
- Assessments Yes